Thursday, November 26, 2009

Having A Blast In Colorado--Day 2











Well--Today was the day. We woke up bright and early, Maya and Cortlyn played in the snow for a little while, and then we headed out to the ski slopes! Maya and Cortlyn learned the ropes in ski school (too cute!). There was no room left in the adult class, so Mac and I gave it a try with the help of Steve and Michelle. Surprisingly, we didn't do too bad. When Maya and Cortlyn went home to have a rest, Mac and I stayed out for a bit and tried our luck on a few of the bigger runs.
We each crashed once--Mac, as he tried to show me the "proper technique" for skiing (haha) and me, getting off the lift when Mac and the guy next to us on the seat forced me to veer right, losing my balance, flying straight ahead (my butt just about touching my skis), until I flung myself backwards to avoid going off the edge down into a fenced off area of rocks and trees. I laid flat on my back, after my first attempt to get up sent me a bit further under the "danger rope", while my loving husband took his sweet time helping me out because he could not control his laughter!
We wrapped up the evening with a delicious Thanksgiving meal and then cheered on the Aggies in the UT/A&M game! We will go skiing again tomorrow, so more pics to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment