Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Disney World Part 4




Off to Epcot--We raced across to surprise Maya (and Cortlyn), knowing that Belle was set to be there from 6:15 to 7:00.  That turned into a real ordeal because we got there at 6:25 and they had already shut the line down, saying they wouldn't allow anyone else in.  WHAT?! 

We had more-or-less sprinted back there (oh the things we do for our kids...never thought I'd be one of those parents...actually, I used to laugh at them).  This was the first and only time I lost my patience (politely) at Disney World--It just made absolutely no sense that they would shut the line down 10 minutes after it opened (so I had another moment of one of those parents again...). 

BUT, we decided to hang around and watch for a bit THANKFULLY and, even though they said it wouldn't matter if we did that or not (they said they "would be leaving as soon as the original line was through getting autographs no matter how long before 7:00 they finished because they had already turned numerous people away"), the Disney employee came over and whispered to us that Belle had agreed to see the girls (since it was still only 6:40). 

SO COOL.  Maya and Cortlyn's faces immediately lit up.  And, Belle was WONDERFUL to them--talking to them for a long time, signing their books, giving them a big hug, and even a kiss (that left a big lipstick mark on their cheeks!)...It's the little things that make it all worth it...

1 comment: