Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cortlyn's 1st Dance Recital


















May 1st--The theme of this recital was "Through the Years", so all of the dances were geared towards specific holidays, seasons, etc.  Cortlyn's class had 2 dances--"Frosty the Snowman" and "Peter Cottontail".

On a side note, as an athlete, I have to say this dance stuff STRESSES me out--I find it SO much easier just to throw a uniform on, whip out a pony tail, and go.  Buns in the hair (along with half a bottle of gel and a thousand bobby pins!) and all of the accessories that go with these dance costumes is something else--I was a bit out of my comfort zone, but we made it!! 

We have lots of pics of Peter Cottontail, thanks to my dad, but unfortunately the setting on the camera got switched by accident, so the Frosty ones didn't turn out--I took a couple in the dressing room with my phone, so they're a little hazy, but you can still see the costume good enough...

Cortlyn LOVED being in the spot light and did a great job out there! =)

3 comments:

  1. Cortlyn looks just adorable in these pics !! I wonder who she gets her love of spotlight from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cortlyn looks just adorable in these pics! I wonder who she gets her love of being in the spotlight from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great photos i only wish i had been there to see you but i did see your costumes and your dances in a private showing xx

    ReplyDelete